Thandulwazi Trust (St Stithians College) : Intern-Teacher training
- Post Date:Apr 10, 2019
- Views 466
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
The Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy is the seventh school of St Stithian College funded through Thandulwazi Trust and St Stithians College. Established in October 2005, the academy advances the teaching and learning of Maths and Science in schools in and around Gauteng Province.
The Trust and the College reserve the right not to proceed with filling this post. Applicants are invited from South African citizens.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme 2020
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER AS A TEACHER?
The Thandulwazi Trust, in partnership with St Stithians College, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)/Foundation Phase, (B.Ed.) Maths and Science or 2-year Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College. Successful candidates will be appointed from January 2020.
Preference will be given to aspiring teachers who are:
- Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Life Sciences, Physical or Natural Sciences, Languages (across the phases), and ECD/Foundation Phase
- Students already registered in one of the above courses
- Current Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results
especially in Maths and/or Science
- South African citizens residing in Gauteng Province
- From previously disadvantaged groups and/or students in need of financial assistance
Benefits you will receive:
- Mentoring by experienced teachers
- Valuable professional training and workplace experience within an independent school environment
- In addition, you may qualify for one or more of the following benefits, depending on your financial needs
– Contribution towards textbooks
– Extensive professional development
– A monthly stipend
Please note that accommodation and transport subsidies are not offered as part of this programme.
If you would like to apply for this wonderful opportunity, please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/
Closing date for Applications: 31 May 2019
Please do not phone or email the College directly as we will only consider applications that have been submitted via the online application process. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (1)
2020 Apprentice Teachers for Pre-Primary and Primary School on May 30, 2019 Contract