St Stithians - Junior English Teacher
- Post Date:May 16, 2019
- Views 253
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident young women who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose. The College’s Methodist focus offers our young women important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where young women are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
Junior English Teacher
The College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from 1 January 2020.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and a minimum of 2-years appropriate educational experience
- A relevant teaching qualification from a recognised institution
- The ability and experience in teaching up to Grade 10 is desirable
- Previous experience in an IEB school is an advantage
- A passion for teaching and for the young people whose learning you would be expected to inspire
- Willingness to embrace rapid changes in education and an interest and ability to integrate IT into your teaching and learning
- A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education
- A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as to participate in the broader life of the school, including extra murals
- Proof of registration with SACE
- Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 24 May 2019 https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/
Related Jobs (5)
Business Economics (Gr. 10-12) – Dordrecht High School on Jul 15, 2019 Full Time
12-18 Phase (Middle and High School) Head of Department on Jun 3, 2019 Full Time