St Stithians College - Junior Account, Finance Department
- Post Date:Jun 6, 2019
- Apply Before: Jun 21, 2019
- Views 101
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience.
Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths and Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
We are excited to welcome applications for a role within our Finance Department which requires passion, commitment, innovative thinking and high levels of integrity.
Your talent and positive mental attitude mean you are able to deliver on the following responsibilities as Junior Accountant (Events and Fundraising):
- Provide financial management support to events and fundraising teams
- Budget review and monitoring of spend on major events and fundraising activities
- Ensure financial controls are maintained at all times in activities managed
- Liaison with schools, departments and PTA’s in respect of events and fundraising plans
- Proactively provide guidance and insight to ensure profitability of major events and
Specific roles will include the following:
- Interface between finance and the schools relating to events and fundraising
- Oversee and review of reconciliation of accounts relating to events and fundraising
- Identify errors and communicate passing adjusting journals timeously
- Ensure that discrepancies are resolved speedily
- Give insight into the budget of events and fundraising activities
- Inspect accounts and prepare reports for various stakeholders
- Participate as a finance representative in various stakeholder meetings as required by the College
- Coordinate and manage Finance Department involvement at events
Key requirements for this position include:
- Willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College
- B. Com or equivalent tertiary qualification
- 3-5 years of relevant finance experience
- Sound working knowledge of ACCPAC (or similar accounting package), Windows and MS Office Suite is essential at an intermediate level
- Strong commercial and business acumen and the ability to be a self-starter
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Key time management skills to ensure deadlines are met with efficient turnaround times
- Occasional overtime may be required
- Experience in a demanding customer-centred environment
- Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate before employment can
- Committing to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College, as well as participating in the broader life of St Stithians College
The successful incumbent will be required to take up his/her post in August 2019.
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 21 June 2019 https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment & failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.