SILIKAMVA HIGH SCHOOL: LIFE SCIENCES
- Post Date:Mar 14, 2019
- Views 125
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
SILIKAMVA HIGH SCHOOL
LIFE SCIENCE TEACHER
Silikamva High School is a no-fee public high school serving the
Imizamo Yethu community in Hout Bay. The school has recently
partnered with the Common Good as part of the Collaboration Schools
pilot program implemented by the WCED. This is a fresh and innovative
partnership model aiming to create outstanding schools that give every
learner, regardless of their background, the opportunity to receive an
excellent education. You will be given every opportunity to collaborate,
share ideas and contribute to the development of the vision, practice
and curriculum of the school.
We are recruiting for a qualified highly motivated Life Science Teacher to teach Gr 10-12.
• A desire to pursue excellent teaching practice;
• A willingness to take a lead in delivery of the curriculum in an
• A subject master teacher;
• A thorough knowledge of Life Sciences
• A willingness to find suitable and innovative interventions to
promote Life Science success;
• Commitment to on-going personal, academic and professional
• A mental toughness that embraces the challenge of finding
solutions to learning barriers;
• An appropriate teacher qualification and SACE certification;
• A commitment to involvement in the After-School Programme of
Applications: As this is an URGENT post, please send a motivational cover
letter, your CV and two recent work references directly to the
principal, Ms Morgan at email@example.com.
Interviews will happen during the school holidays.
Job Start: 2 April 2019
Contract Benefits: Whilst this position is ideally a full time permanent position with
the SGB of Silikamva High School, a short term contract is also
available. The SGB offers a competitive salary and benefits
package to the successful candidate.
Related Jobs (5)
Business Economics (Gr. 10-12) – Dordrecht High School on Jul 15, 2019 Full Time
12-18 Phase (Middle and High School) Head of Department on Jun 3, 2019 Full Time