SCHOOL PRINCIPAL (SGB Post)
- Post Date:July 12, 2018
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW.
SEEKING EXPERIENCED COMMITTED LEADER READY TO DEVELOP A SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE
Trevor Manuel Primary is a no-fee public primary school serving the Fisantekraal community, near Durbanville, Cape Town. The school has partnered with Acorn Education (www.acorneducation.org.za) as part of the Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme- a public private partnership programme in the Western Cape.
More than twenty years after democracy, high performing schools in South African townships are the exception. Our aim is to lead Trevor Manuel Primary on its journey to become a school of excellence that provides high quality education to all its learners. The Principal as leader of the school is central in realising this transformation.
The School Governing Body invites applications from exceptional leaders with a track record of success, leading through inspiration, strong character, superior relationship skills and a focus on fostering a collaborative school community. Strong human relations and performance management skills are essential, along with experience in driving an uncompromising high expectations culture for both learners and staff.
- Minimum requirement is a REQV14 qualification (matric + four years qualification)
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)-proof of registration required
- Police clearance certificate required
- Valid driver’s license and own transport essential
- Seven years teaching experience
Essential experience and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience on a school senior leadership team
- Experience of leadership in a highly successful school that provides an outstanding education for its learners
- A track record of leading successful learner interventions and improving learner outcomes
- A track record of high expectations personally and professionally
- Solid experience in performance management of staff
- Sound knowledge of the South African Education Act and WCED policies and procedures
- Experience in school governance, the management of resources and budgets
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Be fluent in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Be computer literate and MS Office proficient
- Must be aligned to our mission of developing the school into a school of excellence and willing to go the extra mile to achieve this mission
- Exhibit a genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every learner
- Have a strong moral purpose with an uncompromising approach to school improvement and raising attainment
- Serves as a leader and role-model who will inspire and drive teacher development and innovative curriculum delivery
- Ability to unite and lead a large staff compliment towards a common goal
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to foster good relationships with our parents and the wider community
- Be open to innovative ideas and deviating from the status quo
- Willing to work collaboratively within the framework of the Collaboration Schools Programme
If you share our vision and have experience of leading outstanding practice, then we want to hear from you.
Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to email@example.com
Applications close on 16 July
1 July 2018 (Negotiable)
Contract & Benefits:
This is a full-time, permanent contract with the School Governing Body of Trevor Manuel Primary School. The SGB offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit check.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful