SCHOOL PRINCIPAL - Apex Primary School
- Post Date:Jul 31, 2019
- Apply Before: Aug 25, 2019
- Views 109
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
SEEKING FOUNDING PRIMARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL FOR A NEW SCHOOL – PERMANENT SGB POST
APEX PRIMARY SCHOOL, EERSTE RIVER, CAPE TOWN
Seeking a passionate, committed leader ready to start a NEW primary school and develop it into a school of EXCELLENCE!
Apex Primary School is a new no-fee dual medium public primary school due to open its doors in January 2020. The school will be situated next to and be a sister school to Apex High School in Eerste River. The school has partnered with Acorn Education (www.acorneducation.org.za) as part of the Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme – a public private partnership programme in the Western Cape.
The School Governing Body of Apex Primary School invites applications from exceptional leaders, with a track record of success leading through inspiration, strong character, superior relationship skills and a focus on fostering a collaborative school community. Instructional leadership and general management skills are essential, along with experience in championing a high expectations culture for both learners and staff.
- Minimum requirement is a REQV14 qualification (matric + four years’ qualification)
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)-proof of registration required
- Police clearance certificate required
- Valid driver’s license and own transport essential
- Seven years teaching experience
Essential experience and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience on a primary school senior leadership team
- Experience of leadership in a highly successful school that provides an outstanding education for its learners
- A track record of leading successful learner interventions and improving learner outcomes
- A track record of high expectations personally and professionally
- Experience in instructional leadership and coaching and mentoring of educators highly advantageous
- Sound knowledge of the South African Education Act and WCED policies and procedures
- Experience in performance management of staff
- Experience in school governance, the management of resources and budgets
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Be fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Be computer literate and MS Office proficient
- Must be aligned to our mission of developing the school into a school of excellence and willing to go the extra mile to achieve this mission
- Exhibit a genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every learner
- Have a strong moral purpose with an uncompromising approach to school improvement and raising attainment
- Serve as a leader and role-model who will inspire and drive teacher development and innovative curriculum delivery
- Effective leadership style that encourages participation, innovation, and confidence
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to foster good relationships with our parents and the wider community
- Be open to innovative ideas and deviating from the status quo
- Willing to work collaboratively within the framework of the Collaboration Schools Programme
If you share our vision and have experience of leading outstanding practice, then we want to hear from you.
Application: Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 August 2019
Start date: 1 October 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Contract & Benefits: This is a full-time, permanent position with the School Governing Body of Apex Primary School. The SGB offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit check. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.