School Chaplain : St Stithians College
- Post Date:Jun 26, 2019
- Views 300
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Applications are invited from experienced, ordained Methodist Ministers with energy, integrity and vision.
The starting date will be negotiated with the successful candidate, but the Chaplain will be required to be in office by the 1st January 2020.
The successful candidate would work primarily in the Junior Prep and would be required to:
- Share the Christian ethos and values upheld by the College
- Provide for the spiritual and pastoral needs of the students at St Stithians College and the broader Saints family
- Have appropriate counselling experience
- Assist in and support the College’s outreach programmes
- Organise and conduct weekly, quarterly and annual Chapel services
- Have experience in Christian youth work
- An ability to teach and the experience of working with young children
- Be willing to work after hours in order to fulfil the requirements of the position
- Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate before employment can commence
- Participating in the broader life of St Stithians College
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 15 July 2019: https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/