- Post Date:Jan 8, 2019
- Views 208
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW.
The School Governing Body seeks an inspirational Principal with enthusiasm and tenacity who:
– Loves a challenge, is aligned to our mission, and embraces innovation;
– Has a strong moral purpose with an uncompromising approach to raising learning;
– Is passionate about leading and developing teachers into excellent teachers;
– Drives high learner achievement through relentless dedication to creating a learning environment;
– Believes in the ability of every child to learn and achieve; and
– Has a heart for the children and the community the school serves.
- Provide professional leadership within the school and its management team;
- A track record of leading successful learner interventions and improving learner outcomes;
- Able to plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences;
- Lead the establishment of appropriate culture of classroom management and learner behaviour;
- Experience in school governance and the management of resources and budgets would stand the candidate in good stead;
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of 5 years of Senior Management Team experience;
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multi-task and prioritise work;
- In-depth knowledge from Grade R n- Grade 7 curriculum
- A track record of high expectations personally and professionally;
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)
- Valid drivers license
- Police clearance certificate
Competencies and abilities:
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong communicator and ability to connect with people
- Highly proactive leader with good self-leadership
- Specific experience using proven strategies to improve learner attainment
- The use of data and systems to drive decision making
- Strong administrative, planning skills and advanced problem solving
- Creative, self-motivated and energetic
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Competent and skilled communicator with high levels of emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals and teams
- Highly adaptable to the ever-changing education landscape
- Ability to speak,read and write English, and Afrikaans
To apply, please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to:
email@example.com by 31 January 2019.
This is a full-time, permanent, contract with the School Governing Body of Disa Primary School. The SGB offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
NOTE: An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to fill the position.