PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER - St Stithians College
- Post Date:Aug 3, 2019
- Views 202
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Our primary intention is to educate and empower girls, raising them in ways that are responsive to the challenges unique to women. We aim to be the leaders in girls’ education, with the focus on nurturing individual skills and dispositions, equipping girls to engage confidently and with a sense of purpose. Our girls work within a values-based framework in order to make decisions with good intent. The South African context is diverse and dynamic. We raise girls to embrace their heritage and collaborate locally to make a significant contribution nationally and internationally.
Physical Education Teacher
Are you an inspirational and passionate Physical Education teacher with a special interest in the long-term athletic development of girls? Are you good at creating harmonious and nurturing relationships?
The Girls’ Preparatory invites applications for the position of a full-time Physical Education teacher available from 1 January 2020
St Stithians promotes holistic education and you would be expected to lead, manage and coach specific sporting codes. Preference will be given to applicants who have expertise and experience in coaching netball or squash. We are looking for a teacher who can creatively design, implement and assess a CAPS aligned-curriculum across Grades 3 to 7. You must be able to integrate curriculum planning with that of other academic teams working on Inquiry Based Learning (IBL). In addition, we have a responsive professional development programme and want staff to make the most of the lifelong learning opportunities we offer.
• A proven academic record and appropriate teaching qualification
• Experience in teaching Physical Education as part of the curriculum, and coaching sport in the afternoons is essential
• A keen insight into the holistic development of girls through sport
• Good logistical planning and administrative skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and feedback skills appropriate to a diverse community
• A flexible and responsive attitude to change
• An awareness of the character of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and to offer pastoral care
• A willingness to work within the Methodist church-based ethos of the College
• Proof of registration with SACE and a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 16 August 2019 https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/.
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account.
Related Jobs (8)
SKILLS EDUCATOR : NAIL AND BEAUTY – Randeor School on Aug 6, 2019 Temporary
AFRIKAANS FIRST ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE – Randeor School on Aug 6, 2019 Temporary
Cambridge High School Educator – Modderfontein Montessouri on Jul 31, 2019 Full Time