Part-Time Music Teacher : St Stithians College
- Post Date:May 13, 2019
- Views 105
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity.
Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Part-Time Music Teacher: Violin & Viola (Contract Post)
Girls’ College & Preparatory
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification, i.e. a degree or diploma in music, having specialised in violin
- Experience in teaching violin from Gr 1 to Gr 8 level, according to the TCL and/or ABRSM syllabuses
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing violin students for the practical component of subject music
up to Grade 12
- The willingness and experience to teach beginners
- The ability and willingness to perform at school functions and special occasions within the department
- The ability and willingness to train student groups such as a string ensemble
- The ability to play the piano and accompany your own students will be a distinct advantage
- The ability to teach music theory in an individual and group setting will be an advantage
- Previous experience in teaching in an IEB school will be an advantage
- Good organisational skills, with experience in organising musical groups and events
- Fully computer literate with the ability to incorporate technology in the classroom and for administrative tasks
- A vibrant, hard-working and enthusiastic candidate who works well in a team and who believes they would be an asset to this exuberant department
- A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in music education
- Proof of registration with SACE and sexual offender’s clearance certificate
- A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as participation in the broader life of the school
Should you be interested in applying for the abovementioned position, please forward a letter of motivation, together with your curriculum vitae, and the names and telephone numbers of two referees to The Head; St Stithians Girls’ Music Department on email: email@example.com before the closing date of 29 May 2019.
If you would like to learn more about the Girls’ College please click here
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (5)
Business Economics (Gr. 10-12) – Dordrecht High School on Jul 15, 2019 Full Time
12-18 Phase (Middle and High School) Head of Department on Jun 3, 2019 Full Time