Hostel Superintendant - Howick High School
- Post Date:Aug 12, 2019
- Apply Before: Aug 30, 2019
- Views 56
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
Howick High School, located in the picturesque village of Howick, is a leading co-educational school in the KwaZulu–Natal Midlands with an excellent reputation for providing a holistic education. It is often said that the community spirit and wholesome values that our school instils in its learners, makes it a special place for young adults to be developed into well-rounded, happy individuals.
The school’s Governing Body invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the full-time position of:
Competencies and Skills required:
- Computer literacy
- Advanced management skills and the ability to manage hostel staff
- An understanding of and/or experience in working with teenagers
- Sound financial administration skills and ability to manage a budget
- Good planning and problem solving skills
- Honesty, thoroughness, integrity and good initiative
- Self motivation with a strong sense of responsibility and discipline
- Sound interpersonal relations with good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to perform methodically and accurately under pressure
- A valid driver’s license with a Public Driving Permit (PDP)
- A teaching qualification/background, registration with SACE, as well as knowledge of the SA School’s Act, would be advantageous
Duties will include:
- Manage administration and the allocation of accommodation to learners and staff
- Manage the provision of laundry and cleaning services
- Manage the provision of proper meals
- Co-ordinate, manage and supervise the maintenance of all hostel infrastructure/facilities
- Manage stock control of the entire hostel stock
- Manage and administer the budget of the hostel
- Supervise hostel staff
- Conduct planning concerning the future needs of the hostel
- Maintain a disciplined and safe environment
This is a School Governing Body post which offers a competitive salary, provident fund contribution and the option to occupy a 3 bedroom home situated on the school premises.
A concise CV, with at least 3 contactable references, and proof of qualifications can be emailed to WorkWithUs@howickhigh.co.za, attention: The Principal, Mrs L. Farquharson.
Applications must be submitted by close of business on 30 August 2019.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence, as well as provide a police clearance certificate.
Howick High School is an equal opportunity employer. We reserve the right not to make an appointment for this position.
Should you not received a response by 13 September 2019, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. No further correspondence will be entered into.