GRADE 1 EDUCATOR: DISA PRIMARY SCHOOL
- Post Date:Mar 14, 2019
- Views 206
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
Disa Primary School is a no-fee public primary school serving the Bonteheuwel
community that has recently partnered with Common Good in the Collaboration
Schools Network. This is a fresh and innovative partnership model aiming to
create outstanding schools that give every learner, regardless of their
background, the opportunity to receive an excellent education.
The SGB seeks an inspirational Grade 1 Foundation Phase Educator with
enthusiasm & tenacity who will:
• Be part of an innovative school with a dedicated staff team;
• Believe in the ability of every child to succeed and achieve;
• Share a vision for the collaboration schools model and to embracing the
opportunities it presents;
• Has a track record of delivering high quality teaching and learning;
• Deliver relevant phase curriculum;
• Model and lead teaching innovation and context specific interventions;
• Drive literacy and numeracy content and practice;
• Demonstrate resilience in the face of a challenging and tough
• Use effective behaviour management, communication & planning skills;
• Demonstrate commitment to driving up standards of learner
• Continually improve teaching and learning with an openness to growth
and feedback including in class support and development.
This is a great opportunity for a teacher to make a real difference to execute on a bold
vision of excellence. The successful candidate will be a committed and talented teacher
with the ideas, vision and ability to work within a strong team to help every learner
The new Educator will benefit from the support of the Common Good Education central
team and the Collaboration Schools network.
• Possess a recognised 3 to 4
year Intermediate or Senior
• Phase teaching qualification
• Registered with SACE
• Obtain a police clearance
• Be CAPS trained
• Ability to teach in English (and Afrikaans, beneficial)
• Be computer literate
• Be prepared to participate in the extra-mural activities and the teacher development programme offered by the school
If you share our vision, then we want to hear from you. We’re looking for an Educator who exemplifies our belief in the potential of every child, is confident in insisting on the very highest standards of academic rigour and behaviour, and is energised by the challenge of our work.
Applications: Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to email@example.com
Applications close on 22 nd March 2019.
Contract Benefits: This is a fixed term contract post with the School Governing Body of Disa Primary School. The SGB offers a competitive salary to the successful candidate.
Related Jobs (6)
Business Economics (Gr. 10-12) – Dordrecht High School on Jul 15, 2019 Full Time
12-18 Phase (Middle and High School) Head of Department on Jun 3, 2019 Full Time