Fundraising Assistant : St Stithians College
- Post Date:May 24, 2019
- Views 271
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy
The Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy is an educational programme offered by the Thandulwazi Trust and the St Stithians Foundation. The academy is hosted by St Stithians College. Established in October 2005, the academy advances the teaching and learning of Maths and Science in schools in and around Gauteng.
Applications are invited from qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this exciting position from 1 July 2019. Passion, providing administrative assistance, co-ordination of fundraising initiatives, building and maintaining donor rapport are essential traits and skills that will see the Thandulwazi Maths and Science Academy grow to even greater heights. This important position reports to a highly supportive Fundraising Manager.
To succeed, the new incumbent will need to possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
• A relative degree/certificate (fundraising, business management, stakeholder management or education);
• Administrative management experience, as it applies to fundraising and project management
• Analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Sound Financial Literacy
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as experience in research and report writing
• Proactive self-starter traits
• Strategic thinking and planning abilities
• Travel is accepted as an essential component of the role
• A good understanding of the Corporate Social Investment/Responsibility, NGO/NPO/PB and education (government and independent
schools) sectors in South Africa
• A good understanding of donor report requirements
The Key responsibilities of this position are to:
• Compile and maintain a database of donor organisations, individual private donors and private foundation donors
• Regularly monitor donor websites and identify donor opportunities
• Assist the Fundraising Manager in writing proposal documents and donor reports and ensure their timely submission
• Assist the Fundraising Manager in undertaking research and building business plans in developing alternative sources of long-term
• Assist the Fundraising Manager in maintaining relationships with existing investors/donors and respond to their requests regularly
and keep updating them about the work of the Academy
• Assist the Fundraising Manager in improving and developing communication material for the organisation to be disseminated via
various communication platforms (e.g. digital, print and electronic)
• Assist the Fundraising Manager in organising any fundraising and networking events
• Assist the Fundraising Manager in timeously issuing all relevant tax documentation to all donors with the assistance of the Finance
If you would like to apply for this wonderful opportunity, please apply online by clicking on the following link:
https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ before the closing date of 14 June 2019.