Foundation-Phase Montessori-Inspired Teacher – Honeydew Ridge
- Post Date:June 6, 2018
- Apply Before: June 30, 2018
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW.
WHY WORKING FOR US = MORE THAN JUST A JOB
At Leap we believe that school should be intentionally approached, intelligently designed and continually improved. We follow a purposeful process to continually embed more research-based truth into every aspect of school life – implementing only those interventions with a sound basis in research. At Leap we are creating an exceptional high-quality learning culture in a personal, family-like environment. We steer clear of the high-pressure corporate milieu that has become the norm… Instead, we take a personal,flexible approach. We take the time and create the space to design wonder filled, quality-focused experience for our learners and their families.
AtLeap our classrooms are active, positive, collaborative, experimental and inspired.
At Leap learning takes place largely withinmixed-age, Montessori-inspired learning communities where relationships areprioritized.
At Leap we equip children with the skillsthey’ll need for the job market of the future. A Montessori inspired grounding in Math and Language Arts is combinedwith a rich and future ready study of science, technology and engineering,design thinking, art, music and social studies. A unit-study approach will unify learningin a number of these subject areas around a central theme, informed bystudents’ interests.
At Leap we do not blindly follow somecurriculum… somebody else’s’ lesson plan… We trust our teachers to becritical curators – spreading a feast of learning that does not talk down to,underestimate or dilute. AtLeap our education is balanced, training bodies, minds and souls. It is morethan just academic… We hold children accountable. We give them age appropriatecontrol, freedom and responsibility. We focus on developing good habits thatwill become strong characters and, in time, practiced integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree + Post GraduateCertificate in Education (PGCE).
- SACE registered.
- Experience in working with foundation phase children (not negotiable).
- Experience and/or training in Montessori Method is not strictly required but would be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV, along with a coverletter answering the following questions:
1. In your opinion, what are the most important factors that determine whether a child does well or poorly at school?
2. How would you design a school where teacher growth and development naturally happens every day?
3. Tell us, briefly, about your best and worst moment as a teacher so far.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Jobs (21)
RTT Onderwyser & Tegnologie / Lewensoriëntering Onderwyser on June 18, 2018 Full Time
Afrikaans FET/Senior Phase grade 8 – 12 Teaching post on June 18, 2018 Contract
CAMBRIDGE MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS TEACHER (IGCSE & A-LEVEL) on June 18, 2018 Full Time
GEOGRAPHY & SOCIAL SCIENCES (Grade 8 -12) SGB POST on June 11, 2018 Full Time