DEPUTY HEAD OF OPERATIONS - ST STITHIANS COLLEGE
- Post Date:May 21, 2019
- Views 203
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Deputy Head of Operations
We are excited to welcome suitably qualified applications for a role within our Operations Department which requires energy, initiative, integrity and vision. Your talent and positive mental attitude mean you are able to deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Oversee, direct and lead the daily operations of the campus with regards to Building Maintenance, Sports Facilities, Grounds Maintenance, Events, AV & Sound
- Work closely with various committees, i.e. Health & Safety, Footprint, Management Committee, etc.
- Assist the Head of Operations with new building projects, renovations, other projects, etc.
- Manage the internal requests for services using the Cherwell Help Desk system, delegating duties as required, following up on work completed, customer satisfaction, quality of work, reports
- Co-ordinate and manage planned maintenance schedules within the Ops Department and any external contractors where applicable
- Management of contractors: tenders, contract management, SLA management, staffing, compliance, liaison, etc.
- Staff management – performance management, coaching, mentoring, training, disciplinary matters, leave, etc.
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place and followed
- Prepare monthly reports as required
- Assist the Head of Operations with budget preparation and management of expenses
- Assist the Head of Operations to ensure implementation of the Operations Department Strategic Plan
- Ensure that external and internal relationships are managed effectively to ensure the best service delivery
The requirements of the position:
- A suitable professional qualification and at least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Project management experience, especially in the built environment
- Excellent organisational, administration, and communication skills
- Technical knowledge (air cons, motors, pumps, vehicles, electrical, plumbing, construction, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of the OHS Act and ability to implement in the work environment
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, E-Mail, MS Project)
- Customer service with proven assertiveness and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, uses initiative, ability to make decisions and has excellent people skills
- An active understanding and interest in the educational environment will be an advantage
- Able to work flexible hours, sometimes after hours, on weekends or public holidays
- Proof of sexual offender’s clearance certificate
- An ability to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College and a willingness to participate in the broader life of the College
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 7 June 2019: https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.