DEPARTMENTAL HEAD FOUNDATION PHASE (SGB Post)
- Post Date:May 16, 2018
- Apply Before: May 31, 2018
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW.
ARE YOU READY FOR AN EXCITING CHALLENGE IN EDUCATION TRANSFORMATION?
Trevor Manuel Primary is a no-fee public primary school serving the Fisantekraal community, near Durbanville, Cape Town. The school has recently partnered with Acorn Education as part of the Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme. More than twenty years after democracy, high performing schools in South African townships are the exception.
The School Governing Body seeks an inspirational Departmental Head with enthusiasm and tenacity who:
– Loves a challenge, is aligned to our mission, and embraces innovation;
– Has a strong moral purpose with an uncompromising approach to raising attainment;
– Is passionate about being leading and developing teachers into excellent Foundation phase educators; and
– Support Foundation phase educators to develop behaviour and learning plans for struggling students.
Our aim is to support Trevor Manuel Primary on its journey to become a school of excellence that provides high quality education to learners that could benefit the most. The Senior Management Team is central in realising this transformation.
- A foundation phase qualified and experienced foundation phase educator with leadership qualities
- Aligned with our vision of transforming Trevor Manuel into a school of excellence
- Prepare to participate actively in staff development opportunities
- Knowledgeable of inclusive education practices and experienced in CAPS
- Fluent Xhosa and English a pre-requisite
- Able to plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- And must have
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- A track record of high expectations personally and professionally
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)
- Police clearance certificate
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong communicator and people’s person
- A track record of improving learner performance
- Leadership in extra-mural activities
- Strong administrative and planning skills
- Creative, self-motivated and energetic
Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 31 May 2018
1 July 2018 (or ASAP)
Contract & Benefits:
This is a full-time, permanent, contract with the School Governing Body of Trevor Manuel Primary School. The SGB offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful12627