Assistant Director/Boarding Nurse : Girls College - St Stithians College
- Post Date:Aug 12, 2019
- Apply Before: Sep 9, 2019
- Views 42
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident young women who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose. The College’s Methodist focus offers our young women important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where young women are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
Assistant Director/Boarding Nurse : Girls’ College
Applications from females who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position are invited. It would be ideal if the incumbent had a current nursing qualification. Previous experience within a boarding environment is an advantage for this role. This position will become available from 1 January 2020.
The requirements of the position:
• To assist and play a supportive role to the Director of Boarding and be able to engender a positive and respectful relationship with the students
• Assist, mentor and support junior boarding house assistant staff
• Attend to the pastoral and medical wellness of the students
• Supervise the students at meal times
• Supervise homework
• Ensure that the students’ carry out their duties in the house and that they fulfil the requirements of the boarding house contract
• To ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards are maintained in the boarding house
• To ensure all equipment in the house is maintained properly
• Be accountable for the students’ progress and activity by keeping up-to-date records of each student’s academic development and weekly extra-mural commitments
• Maintain discipline within the house by encouraging teamwork and cohesiveness
• Be able to supervise the students during the week time and over weekends as per the duty schedule
• Be available to attend functions / events over weekends when required
• Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
• A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well to participate in the broader life of the school
• The successful applicant will be provided with accommodation at the boarding facility. This is a small bedsitter with a bathroom and kitchenette
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 9 September 2019 https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/.
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account.