JUNIOR PREPARATORY: Aftercare Supervisor
- Post Date:November 8, 2018
- Apply Before: November 16, 2018
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW.
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
The Junior Prep is known as the Gateway to St Stithians College and offers co-ed education for Grades R to 2. Our Christian values and innovative curriculum provide a strong foundation for life and learning. Children are encouraged to explore their unique talents in our nurturing and supportive environment.
The College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from 1 January 2019. (Negotiable)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
- A proven academic record and appropriate experience. A teaching background specialising in Foundation Phase education will be preferable
- An unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team
- Ability to take initiative and to act decisively
- Must be motivated and passionate about the care of young children
- Diligent and responsible supervision of all students at the aftercare
- Monitoring extra mural programme of aftercare students
- Supervision of homework
- Ability to set up accounts
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent people skills
- Advanced administration and computer skills
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
- An awareness of the nature of St Stithians College and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
- Proof of sexual offender’s clearance certificate
Should you be interested in applying for the abovementioned position, please forward a letter of motivation, together with your curriculum vitae, and the names and telephone numbers of two referees by no later than 16 November 2018 to The Head; St Stithians Junior Preparatory
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer