Acorn Education - Lead Instructional Coach
- Post Date:Sep 19, 2019
- Apply Before: Oct 31, 2019
- Views 50
- Application Instructions SEE BELOW
LEAD INSTRUCTIONAL COACH (EE only)
Join us on a journey towards excellence!
We strive to be the best instructional coaches in South Africa, and will accomplish this by capacitating and developing school and classroom leaders. These leaders will transform the lives of learners that consistently achieve exceptional results.
Are you an exceptional educator who has a passion for developing and leading an emerging team? Do you want to use your skills to make a meaningful difference? Are you motivated, adaptable and resilient? Then we would love to hear from you!
More than twenty years after democracy, high performing schools in impoverished South African communities are the exception. Our aim is to change this landscape and support no-fee public schools in their journey to become excellent.
In the role of Lead Instructional Coach, and under the direction of the Head of Education, you will primarily be responsible for a developing and managing a team of Instructional Coaches whose main aim is to support the professional development and growth of classroom teachers. Your own experience as a great classroom practitioner and leader will enable our team of instructional coaches to support classroom teachers to close the achievement gap of our learners. You will receive ongoing training and mentoring in this role. It is imperative that you have a growth mind-set, and are open and accepting to an extensive amount of professional development
At Acorn Education, instructional coaching means observing a teacher frequently and consistently, identifying the key action steps for instructional improvement, giving effective feedback to the teacher observed, and monitoring and following up with that teacher accordingly. This model of observation and feedback, taken from Leverage Leadership by Paul Bambrick-Santoyo, has given our team of coaches the skills to positively impact dozens of teachers across our schools.
At Acorn Education, we aim to transform the lives of our learners and we do whatever it takes to make this dream a reality.
|A||Agile||Our agility allows us to adapt and respond to what is most important at a specific time to achieve our mission.|
|C||‘Can do’||Every member of our team is equipped with a “can do’ attitude – enabling us to reach our own high expectation and those of our schools, teachers and learners.|
|O||Optimistic||We believe that a grateful mindset leads to an optimistic and favourable view of life.|
|R||Resilient||Our journey will not be an easy one. We are committed to persevere despite challenges that may arise.|
|N||Nurture||Just like an acorn, if something is nurtured it has the potential to grow into something greater. We not only nurture our people but those who help our schools grow.|
The precise areas of responsibility for this post will be agreed based around your skills and the needs of the schools, but it is anticipated that you will be able to:
- Embed a culture of teacher development in all Acorn Education schools
- Manage, train, mentor and support all Instructional Coaches
- Play an active role in the recruitment of future Instructional Coaches for Acorn Education
- Lead the development of teacher skills in classroom management and instructional rigour through an agreed programme of observation and feedback
- Contribute to the strategic direction of teacher development across all Acorn Education schools through leading professional development, supporting instructional planning, and facilitating coaching and mentoring of teachers
Essential qualification and experience criteria
- Must have a teaching qualification and an honours degree would be beneficial
- Must be a great classroom teacher with evidence of improving learner results
- Must have experience in creating and presenting professional development workshops at school level
- Must have effective management skills
- Must have a growth mind-set
- Must be open and accepting of professional development
- Must be a South African national, possess a permanent resident permit, or be willing to apply for a South African work visa
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have own transport
To apply please submit an updated CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: 31 October 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Related Jobs (4)
Acorn Education – LITERACY TEACHER ADVISOR/INSTRUCTIONAL COACH on Sep 19, 2019
Acorn Education – NUMERACY TEACHER ADVISOR/INSTRUCTIONAL COACH on Sep 19, 2019
Acorn Education – FOUNDATION PHASE INSTRUCTIONAL COACH on Sep 19, 2019
Arcadia Private School: Principal Vacancy on Sep 9, 2019